Thank you for all that joined us for the Okonomiyaki making event!
By popular demand, here is the recipe of this simple, yet oishii version:
Recipe for 2 people.
- Wheat Flour 200g (appx one cup)
- Egg 1
- Cabbage (Medium size) 1/4 inch pieces (large handful)
- Water 1 cup
- Dashi no moto 2 table spoons or 2.5 packets
- Pork 1-2 slices
- Shrimp 10 smal lpieces
- Kewpie Mayonnaise
- Otafuku Sauce
- Beni Shoga (red pickled ginger) 1 pinch
- Tenkasu (deep fried flour batter…like puffed wheat)
- Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes)
- On a griddle, fry pork and cook well.
- Mix Flour, egg, cabbage, water, dashi, and shrimp in bowl.
- Pour onto griddle on med-high heat.
- Fry to golden brown on one side.
- Add pork to wet side then flip over.
- Remove after cooked and garnish with mayo, otafuku sauce, tenkasu and aonori.
- Top off with Bonito and shoga then enjoy!
Here are some photos from the event:
Photos by Asa Ellison: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RDg3OQ029o6uT8dY2