Chickpea Miso Workshop
July 23, 2023, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Kahului Jodo Mission
JCSM and the Kahului Jodo Mission invite you to learn how to make and ferment miso from chickpeas and stay for an organic lunch!
- Japanese fermented foods with locally grown organic vegetables (all vegan and gluten free)
- Musubi with miso umami paste
- Fresh garden salad with miso dipping sauce
- Tofu cheese with shiso (Japanese basil)
- Dessert - vegan mochi & mango jelly
- Maybe more. Menu items are subject to change according to seasonality and availability.
Cost: Includes workshop materials + lunch
$50 - JCSM members and Kahului Jodo Mission members
$65 - non-members (sign-up opens on July 15)
Yuko Furukawa, Yu-Ko's Kitchen
Yuko Furukawa (owner of Yu-Ko’s kitchen)
Yuko grew up in Japan surrounded by a variety of homemade fermented foods. About 10 years ago, she started sharing Japanese traditional fermentation techniques she learned from her obaa-chan. Her passion is to pass on Japanese fermented food culture to everyone with gratitude, love and respect to all the ancestors!
Become a member for exciting workshops and events like this throughout the year!
Questions? Email email@example.com